Sunday, February 7, 2010

FRIDAY NIGHT IN BOSTON



  On the first Friday of every month SOWA Artists Guild (South of Washington Street) in Boston opens   their studios to the public. Noni and I decided to go. It was so much fun. The building is an old mill. It has been converted into artists studios. There are about 45 artists in all. Painters, sculptors, jewelry makers, ceramics, its all here. It has 3 floors AND its FREE!  Some of the artists have wine and cheese or other goodies. It takes awhile to go through each studio, especially one you really like. While we were there I kept seeing this distinguished looking man with a large staff. He was dressed to the hilt in black and gray. He wore a leather vest. He had his gray hair tied back in a ponytail. He was just awesome looking! I really wanted to take his picture,( I like capturing unusual people ) but I didn't dare. Well, Noni stepped up just as he was hitting the elevator button! He agreed, only if Noni took it with him. Here he is with Noni. After he let me take one of him by himself. He gave me his address in Cambridge in order for me to send him a photo. It was great!( I think hes' a wizard) Like I said we had alot of fun. After going through all the studios we went across the street to the bead store. This store is packed with all different kinds of beads, glass, stone ,enameled ,you name it. Noni  has alot of fun in this store.This was the 2nd time we have gone to this event. Its' such a thrill for me to be in the city!. I would never want to live there but I really enjoy visiting. The different smells, the people, and the lights, all of it is sooo exciting! I don't get to the city very often. There are so many places in the city that I haven't been to that I would really like to see. After spending a few hours we were on our way home... BUT we were not finished YET! We planned to eat at Pappa-Razzis' first. OK!!!  I have only had one dish at this restaurant and it is called Scallopini De Pollo. It is a chicken breast, pounded thin., breaded, with lemon-white wine sauce with capers. It is unbelievable! I'd love to try other dishes but I can't. I don't see how anything could compare to this. We had parmesan rissoto and tomatoes and basil. We got so full we had to take 1/2 of our dishes home!

1 comment:

Nonie Fajao said...

It was Fun! Great Blog Post Susie!