Friday, February 26, 2010

TODAY WAS FOR THE BIRDS!

Today I spent most of the day glued to my front steps with my camera around my neck. I had thrown some bread out for the birds and they came in droves. Robins, Cardinals, Goldfinch, Wrens, Nuthatches, I was having such a good time. Later on I discovered my ISO was up way too high. Reason pics are a little grainy, and light. The squirrels came too, gray and now we have a newcomer, a baby red squirrel. I named him "Pumpkin", isn't he the sweetest thing? I think its so cute how he fits into the squirrel proof feeder.We have two adults that have been here for years. We always see the little babes in the spring. I'm surprised he is already out. The weather today has been so weird, first it was sunny when I got up, then it rained, snowed, then the sun was back out. It kept doing this all day. The clouds were beautiful, some white billowing then dark and ominous. Later in the afternoon Justin( son), Debbie and I took a ride to Falmouth, a town down near the Cape Cod Canal. We don't get there very often, so it feels like another state or foreign country!LOL ...anyway....I really don't get out much! lol........While we were driving along RT.28 I was looking for good photo material (as always,lol), out of the corner of my eye I saw this huge bird. It was a turkey in full bloom (you know what I mean, lol) I was amazed! I told Debbie to turn around QUICK!, she did. We pulled into someones driveway. The place looked like a mini farm and this is what we saw!!! Isn't he magnificent!(damn ISO) I think the picture came out good despite that. He was running around strutting his stuff, gobbleing the whole time, trying to impress the female. We sure were impressed! LOL

No comments: