Wednesday, March 10, 2010

MORE BIRDS......

Ok, I hope you don't get bored with the birds, but I've been a little obsessed with them. I have a pair of Red Bellied woodpeckers ( I don't get this as they have very red HEADS, lol) nesting in an old tree out back and they are adorable. I try not to bother them but I need that perfect photo!!! The female sits in the hole and the male brings her food and nesting material.
 Sarah and I went out back yesterday afternoon to see what there was out there to take photos of and I couldn't believe what I saw.....BLUEBIRDS....yes, they are living out back( where the road is being put in!!!), I will have to get some houses to try and keep them around.
 I have a little sanctuary out behind our shed, where I sit and contemplate or meditate or just plain get away from everything. I have a thistle feeder out there. I was sitting there yesterday and this beautiful song sparrow came and started feeding......
 Soon the hummingbirds will start to come. I need to start getting my feeders ready. They will always come back to a feeder that they are used to every year......I can't wait.

No comments: