Monday, March 29, 2010

MORE SPRING RAIN


Rain, rain, rain. I guess we are in for it for a few days. I really don't mind, gives me a chance to clean the house. And I love to take photos of the rain drops left on the flowers, trees, and leaves after its over.What would Spring be anyway, without the showers? The Snowdrops, Mini Iiris are past blooming, and thanks to my pesky little squirrels, the crocus have had their blooms bit off! Arrrrrggg. But they can really be soooo cute, as you can see.!
 Debbie is finally making it to Boston to have the screws removed form the last surgery she had to repair her knee, or should I say, whats left of it. I was going to go but the car was to filled to fit me. I just wish her well and hope things go the way they are supposed to, and she returns home safely.
 Sunday I will be having Easter (Ostara) dinner here with all my family. Ham, yams and Asparagus casserole(YUM! you can thank my Aunt Alice for that one.) I'll probably decorate now that I have the house to myself. A rainy day is a puttering day. Its fun..............

Asparagus Casserole

1c.buttered crumbs
3 tall cans choice asparagus
1 sm. jar pimentos
6 hard boiled eggs
White Sauce:
4 T. buter
4 T. flour
1 t. salt
dash of pepper
2 c. milk
2 c. grated sharp cheddar
grease casserole dish. Put 1/2crumbs in bottom, 1/2 of the asparagus, 1/2 jar pimentos, 3 of the eggs(sliced)
1/2 of the white sauce, repeat, ending with crumbs. 350 degrees for 30 min. Best chilled overnight before cooking.

No comments: