Monday, January 4, 2010

CRICKET?


 Woke up very early this morning,5:30 A.M. Glanced out my bedroom window and there was Venus rising in the still black, winter morning sky. It was so bright!. I did go back to sleep after gazing at it for awhile until I smelled my sisters Breakfast Casserole wafting through the air. Debbie(my sister) served me coffee in bed. WOW! I usually do this for her but since she was up earlier than I she beat me to it.lol. I enjoyed that!  The casserole was sooo good! You need to try this! 
       BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
  8 slices cubed bread
  1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  2 lbs. breakfast sausage, cooked
  combine the following:
  8 eggs
  1 1/2 cups milk
  1/2 tsp. mustard
  1 tsp. salt
  dash of pepper
  1 tsp. cinnamon-opt.
  1 tsp. nutmeg-opt.
  Grease 13" by 9" casserole dish. Lay bread on bottom, Then sausage, then cheese. Add egg mixture to top
  Refridgerate overnight. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.About 8 servings. You'll want to make this often
 Puttered around the house until 4:00. My friend Noni and I had planned to spend the evening playing with her CriCut. She picked me up. We went to Marshalls first because I had seen those semi-precious stone globes of the world there. I have always wanted one so I got it for myself as a late Christmas preasent. I love it!
 We picked up Mikey (my little dog)on the way to Noni's. He loves to go to over to play with Baby and Pepie, his toy  Poodle friends. He was very excited. Got to Noni's, she made us tea. She makes the best cup of tea! We got the CriCut out and started. If you don't know what a Cricut is you are really missing out. Its a computer type machine that cuts out just about everything you can think of from shapes to letters,etc.. It is unbelievable! We decieded to make calendars for 2010. We spent 4 hours creating our January page. We had SO much fun!!!. Noni's is on the left and mine is on the right.
 Noni has been my best friend for over 40 years! Now that you can see her, you will know who I'm talking about when I talk about Noni. We are looking foward to making our February page together, soon.

No comments: