Sunday, January 3, 2010

WHEW!


WOW! I've been looking for my blog for two days now, couldn't figure out why I couldn't get to it. I felt terrible because I just started it and I really want to commit to this. Well, it took my best friend, Noni ,to figure it out for me. I was putting in the wrong user name. DUH! I'm back now and ready to write.
 My grandson Justin came and stayed for the weekend. Didn't do much. Watched T.V. and the movie Joan of Arc, which was great. Snowed most of the day, happy about that!
 Our little bird friends were out of food and suet so I went out this morning and refilled the feeders. They were grateful, alright, with all this snow we've been having! We get Goldfinch, at this time of year they look pretty drab compared to their bright yellow plumage in the summer. Lots of them, they love the thistle seed. We get Downy woodpeckers and Red bellied woodpeckers also Flickers and Nuthatches. They like the suet. The little snowbirds(Juncos) come and groundfeed. Chickadees and Cardinals. Sometimes Mourning Doves. They all like the sunflower seed. They are so fun and interesting to watch. THEN there are the SQUIRRELS, they can empty a birdfeeder in record time!. We have Grey and little Red ones. And there is no birdfeeder I have come across, yet,  that they cannot get into! But we love them and put up with their voracious appetites.
 My horoscope said that I could find myself in a bad mood today if I didn't get some exercise, so I thought I"d BETTER walk around our block with Justin.lol. Took my camera with me. Took some photos. When we got back it really started snowing.
 Kept my camera out and took lots of pics of Justin. He really started getting silly as you can see in the photo.lol.. I have so much fun with him. Got to be around 4:00 and he had to go home. School tomorrow.... maybe.

No comments: