Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'M BACK!

No pun intended... I spent part of the day in the ER yesterday. I think I jinxed myself.lol My back really did go out. I've been resting it and taking medication for the pain and swelling. It's already feeling a little better.
 This morning I was sitting on the front steps and a hawk flew by and landed in a tree quite close to me. Hawks are such mysterious birds. I always get a thrill when I see one especially up close. The Goldfinch males are starting to get their color. I can see the yellow starting to show very slightly.
 I've noticed the little Snowdrops are budded and they will open up probably in the beginning of February. I plan to do alot of gardening this year. Beds need to be weeded and fertilized. Leaves need to be raked. Deb and I did alot of raking this fall but we left the beds covered. We had alot of snow this winter and that is always great for the soil. They call snow "poor mans fertilizer."
 Last night we had the best speagetti sauce I have ever had!. My son made it! He puts lots of sauteed onions and peppers and a little red wine. It was really good!. He should can it.and give it away for gifts.
 Day before yesterday I walked to Hathaways Pond. I went around the pond and back home. Took pictures, of course. Probably didn't do my back any good, but I love being out with Mother Nature. I go around hugging trees and talking to the flora and fauna. I must look like a nut if anyone is watching but I don't care! LOL. Hathaways pond is a strange place. There are no birds or squirrels running around. I find that odd in such a wild place. I see ducks once in a while in the water but thats about it. Justin( my grandson) and I really have alot of fun out there. One time we went there and it started to rain so we took shelter under the roots of a fallen tree and had our lunch. It was pretty funny because a family was out walking too and they came by and saw us. They thought it was great that we had found  a place to keep dry. Like I said we always have fun out there.Justin has such a sweet spirit and he really appreciates nature.
 I didn't sleep well last night, so I stayed up with the Moon, watching the moonbeams streaming through my window. I noticed that She was setting over in the northwest. Its rare that I see this because I'm usually asleep. I love the Moon. I study her phases and what constellation shes in at any certain time. Its true that this affects us, we are 85% water and I can feel the difference when shes waxing and waning. There are books about gardening with the phases of the Moon. I think I'll try it this year and see if it makes a difference.
 Deb just came in the house with a bundle of firewood in her arms announcing that its spitting snow!!! Yea... I'm still into the Winter. Its supposed to be very cold this weekend. The January thaw is over.....more winter weather.as it should be.....

No comments: