Tuesday, January 5, 2010

WHO...whoooooooo

 I live in the great metropolis of Hyannis on Cape Cod. Well...to me its' a city. I've lived here for over 40 years. Actually I was born here but Dad was in the army and we traveled alot before he retired back here. I have seen major changes!. Hyannis started out as a quaint little town. It had its' Elm tree lined, two way main street, cute shops along each side. Story land was out along the main highway, 132, just a quaint road running up to the Big Highway, route 6. Now a huge mall is there and it looks like a Vegas strip (well maybe not THAT bad lol)..anyway... What I'm trying to get at without going into the Capes deep history ( which I will do sooner or later), is that I have been hearing an owl out in the backyard for about a week. I heard him(or her?) last night when I was trying to get to sleep. It is such a haunting sound. I just heard it again tonight while taking Mikey out. It was in the front yard this time. I am delighted to have it living so close. Most all of this area has been developed. We have about 2 or 3 acres out behind us where they are putting the water and gas pipes in. It breaks my heart, but yes, a builder is going to put 40 to 50 houses out there!!! I have seen deer, coyotes, Red tailed hawks and so much more... Its like a wildlife sanctuary. In acient times an Indian trail led through those, now, mostly depleated woods. My neice found an arrowhead walking back there!. Ohhh, I did'nt mean to get into this, I wanted to talk about the owl! lol Enough of that depressing.stuff.
 I find alot of enjoyment living here. I love photography. I have taken lots of photos of my beautiful gardens that I have made since I've lived here with my sister. My son and his family live in a house (a little cottage, really) about a mile away. My parents live about a mile the other way. And my daughter Tracy lives way over on the other side of the country in Garfield,Washington!. Soooo far away. I miss her but we talk alot.
 My Aunt Alice lives  in CT. which isn't tooo far away. She is THE best cook I have ever encountered, in fact, she is the person responsible for that Breakfast casserole recipe. My cousin Elizabeth and her son Steven live there too, along with their cats...oops... I forget the names... sorry Auntie, lol? Anyway I miss them. We don't get to see them much.
 So... I've written a little about myself, my family and the Cape. Had an uneventful day, really, but a quiet, restful one and for that I am grateful...............


The photo is bare tree shadows on the snow at night.

No comments: