Sunday, January 24, 2010

WONDERFUL WEEKEND


 My grandson, Justin came over Saturday at 10:AM. We decided to take Mikey for a walk. So we get him ready in his sweater and off we went around our circle. Instead of going the regular way we decided to go out to the old Indian Trail. Just walking along enjoying the sun, all of a sudden Justin lets out a little yelp of delight. He picked up an ordinary looking rock, lying there in the mud, only the top showing. I don't think I would have picked up this rock it wasn't striking enough for me. Well I asked him If I could see it. I wanted to see what he thought was so special about it. I held it in my hand and it had that old feeling( I have found a few suede scrapers in the past) and then I turned it upside down and then I started jumping up and down. Not only was it a double sided suede scraper it was also a knife sharpener. I tried everything from baubles he likes that I have to a jar full of cookies to get that artifact! lol No...I was very happy that he had found it and I would never want it from him. Its so great that he recognized that it was something special before he even picked it up....and really anybody else would have just stepped over it!







 After we took Mikey for a walk. My mother came over and drove us to guess where?.....BONE HILL RD. I told Justin about my walk and he wanted to go on it with me so I did the whole trip over with him. We had soooo much fun! I let him take my Minolta and I had my Sony and we took off down the trail. Encountered all the animals again and Justin got great pics.These two are ones he took.( The rooster and the horse) We laughed and walked never stopping except to take pictures.We walked for 41/2 hours...with no trouble, neither of us were really tired or winded. I was proud of him because he doesn't go on these really long walks with me. We go on shorter ones. We got all the way to Hathaways Pond and there was this big stone. I sat down and called Michelle, Justins  mother and asked her to pick us up. Here is a pic that Justin took of me at that moment LOL Did I really say I wasn't tired!!!? According to the picture I think I lied....lolol.Here are some pics I took of Justin along the way.......We came home and we both took a nice long rest. Then we played with the computer for a while. The time came for him to go home. I will miss him. But he'll come back next weekend and we will see what adventures will be in store for us.then..........

No comments: