Saturday, January 9, 2010

UGLY WALLPAPER

 I love winter mornings. Pale blue sky. The way the mellowed sun hangs low in the sky. The quiet....I love getting up early before anyone else. It allows me to be alone, something I don't often get to do. I hear the clocks ticking, I love that sound. I can think about anything I want to without interuptions. I can meditate if I want to. I can daydream.....I can think deeply....I can EVEN ponder the mysteries OF THE UNIVERSE!!! YEAH!....ok,ok,ok, I REALLY need to be alone more often....ya think?                                                    


 I took pics of my swags yesterday. Usually I take them down on the 6th but they have been so pretty with the icicles hanging from them. Maybe I'll keep them up until Feb. I make them every year. I make one for my Mom and Dad too. The Holly tree at my Son's house was unbelievable this year. It was covered, totally, with berries. I have never seen it so beautiful! I pruned some for the swags. I also used White Pine, and Blueberry Juniper.                                                                                       
 At 10 am I looked at the wallpaper in the living room, I have been trying to take it down for years, yes,years. I 'm talking about some UGLY, UGLY wallpaper!!! I think that came with the house too.
But today someting very magickal happened. I looked at the wall and said "I'm going to do this TODAY and I'm going to finish it TODAY! And ya know what? It's finished!!! Boy, what a difference!  I started at 10 and finished at 3.with only one sitdown. Then I had my parents over for turkey soup and bisquits. They stayed till around 7. A little later on Michele came over, she is another of our friends. We don't see her much lately because shes in LOVE!..NEW LOVE! She came for tea. We sat around and talked for a while. Then she had to go to see her new love....awww...   Its so nice when it happens isn't it?  Goodnight............

No comments: