Sunday, January 10, 2010

ENCHANTED WALK


My first walk of the year! My friend Michele and I decided to take a walk late this afternoon. We went to one of our favorite places, Bone Hill Road. I don't know why they call it that and I don't know why I don't know. I will have to find out!. It's such a pretty road in any time of year. It's very quiet, you feel like you're way out in the country. Old orchard trees and old stone walls go along both sides. Usually there is a herd of sheep and goats grazing in one of the pastures but we did'nt see them this time. Down the road towards the end is an Audobon Society. They have yellow berried Hollys there. I walked down to get a photo of them but they have all been eaten by the birds and squirrels. I'll go back later in the year.


  This is my friend Michele: She and I have been walking this road for years. I always see or hear something.different every time I walk here.There are marked trails that go off the main road, like I said it IS enchanting. This evening the sunset was gorgeous, I didn't post a pic, they just didn't do it justice. There are a few old houses that we walk by, this one is my very favorite. It seems empty. And haunted? Wish it was MINE!!!

  The walk isn't very long and at the end of the road this is what you see!!!
This little village sits on the end of a long spit of land (dunes actually). No electricity, no way to get there except by boat or 4wheel drive. The lighthouse is'nt a working lighthouse but last year they put a light in it. This scene is famous. Lots and lots of photographers have taken this picture. The spit of land is called Sandy Neck. When we come to this end we turn around and go back to the car, filled with fresh air and a renewed spirit. I never tire of such a place........

No comments: