Wednesday, January 20, 2010

WALK-ABOUT #1




I woke up this morning  knowing that I would be on my way today on my first walkabout of the year. A walkabout to me is a walk that goes for miles and takes hours. I bring both my cameras, a Minolta and my Sony point and shoot. I left at noon. Debbie dropped me off at the end of Bone Hill Rd.Took a deep breath as I neared the ocean. I was on my way! I walked along the beach for a while and took some photos. This beach is very special to me I call it Heart Rock beach. I have found so many heart shaped rocks here. I collect them. And I also found an Indian arrowhead. Last spring I did a walkabout here on my birthday and met up with a Harbor Seal pup. I have great photos of him.




Walking back off the beach I noticed the sky was a dark grey and I was thinking of rain but it didn't come at that point in time. Back up the road I turned onto the road that leads to the Audobon Society. I started taking macro photos, something I love to do.As I was concentrating on the black berries I felt raindrops. I started to get a little worried but I had Debbies cell phone with me and I knew she would come and pick me up if it started raining hard. So I continued on my way. I heard crowing in the distance and soon I came upon a pen of roosters and hens. They were beautiful. All different colors and sizes.THEN I walked a little farther on and ran into all these beautiful little pigs! LOL Their little faces were so dirty and they kept coming up to me and begging for food. I took sooo many photos of them! At that point in time I felt like I was in heaven! All alone with these wonderful animals with the gray skies over my head and in the distance I could still hear the waves slapping on the shore. Walking along my next encounter was with the goats and sheep. I couldn't believe that the black and white goat was in the hay crib and all the sheep were surrounding it. lol to be continued....Good morning I will continue on width my walk. After the goats and sheep I started down the trail. A chill of excitement ran through my whole body. I KNEW I was going into the woods, alone, all by myself with Mother Nature! Suddenly I saw little white whisps coming down all around me. It was SNOWING!!! How much better can this get!?. I threw back my head, closed my eyes and breathed in the clean scent of the woods. The trees around me were huge! I was in awe. Tears filled my eyes. My heart beat a little faster and I knew I was where I was supossed to be....at that moment . Walking along with all this beauty I came to a natural archway made out of branches. Looking through it was breathtaking, An Enchanted Forest! I was in yet ANOTHER world. I drank in the scent of the pines.Hiding under their low spreading branches., I stayed here awhile.soaking it all in. Reluctantly I moved on. As I went I kept noticing a pasture just beyond the edge of the woods. I saw a small path leading up to it, so I followed it and came up this open pasture with different sheep in it. One was large,and he looked like a male. He came ambling over to me. I scratched his nose and talked to him telling him how special he was, and he truly was beautiful. I went to scratch his nose and he grunted and pawed the ground. Good thing the fence was between us! I laughed at him and told him I'd leave him and his herd alone. Back down the path I went, looking behind me he was still there making sure I was leaving! LOL Walking over little streamlets and stairs made out of the roots of the trees, I was nearing the end of the path. No I havn't finished my walk yet. I have a long way to go so I am going to start a new blog and take you on the other half of my magical journey............







2 comments:

Justin Lovell said...

Sounds like a blast. I've got to get out and walk more too. Great photos.

Nonie Fajao said...

Your account of your walk-about so far is brilliant! I fell like I am right there with you:)